Saturday, August 6, 2011

New here and asking myself where to start with...

Maybe a good start would be, ... telling more about myself;
So... good question, where exactly to start?
Maybe one of the first things that people will see, when they meet me;
I am an amputee, double above the knee, right below the elbow, and on the moment I write this, I am 41 years old.
I love traveling; I know some people probably traveled more then I did, but I have seen about 16 countries and lived in 4 different ones. I see it more as living in 4 different worlds, because every country I lived in had his own different culture and living style;
Starting with Europe, where I am originally from; Belgium, a little country, splitted in two parts by language; The North speaks Flemish (Dutch), The South speaks French... But basically they find each other pretty irritating.
Then Sri Lanka, near India, where I lived in the time there was war. Meeting all those poor people, but at least they did everything to try to speak some English, living there in a huge house with pool, 6 rooms and in the garden; spiders, snakes and scorpions.
Then Brazil, the country of Samba, living in the poorness of Favela (slums) in Rio de Janeiro; Facing how poor, but happy people can be, seeing street children dying on the many streets (Sao Paulo)....
And the USA; A friend invited me to visit big America, discovering how everything is wheelchair accessible. Discovering the chicken wings from Hooters, so many states and cities...
And yes, all without legs. For sure you don't need legs to discover the world, -or to live in different worlds.
I think this is enough for an introduction about me. Who want to contact me can do that in English, Dutch, French, Portuguese and German

Alex Mensaert

No comments:

Post a Comment